Black Bean Truffles with Orange and Smoked Salt
Preparation Time• 45 minutes
Cook Time• 3 hours
Spicy and sweet, chocolate and black bean truffles. With more fiber and less fat than traditional truffles, this decadent treat will make your patrons feel good about splurging.
Yield: 64 - ½ oz. pieces
- 1 cSantiago® Seasoned Black Beans
- 1-¾ cCashew butter, raw
- 1-½ cMaple syrup
- 1-¾ cCocoa powder
- 1 tspVanilla extract
- 1 tspOrange, zest
- GarnishCocoa Powder, Smoked Sea salt
- Prepare Santiago® Seasoned Black Beans according to package directions, (or used left-over prepared). Place 1 cup* beans into a food processor and process until smooth, about 1 min. (For smoother truffles: place 2 cups in processor and press puree through a fine mesh strainer).
- Add cashew butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and orange zest to food processor and pulse until a smooth dough is formed, about 1 min, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Refrigerate dough until firm, about 3 hours.
- Form small balls using a half-oz. (#70) portion scoop. Sprinkle with smoked sea salt and roll in cocoa powder.
- Serve truffles slightly chilled.