Chocolate Stuffed Potato Gnocchi
Preparation Time• 30 min.
Cook Time• 5 min.
Individual spoons of dark chocolate stuffed Potato Pearls® Natural Mashed Potatoes gnocchi with raspberry coulis.
Yield: 200 Pieces
- 1 pkgPotato Pearls® Natural Mashed Potatoes
- 4 cWater, cold
- 4 eachWhole eggs
- 1 tspSalt, kosher
- 4 cFlour, all-purpose
- 4 ozDark chocolate (65% cacao) coverture chips broken into ½” x½” pieces
- 8 ozButter
- Place Potato Pearls® Natural Mashed Potatoes into a medium-size bowl. Pour water into potatoes, stirring gently with a fork until water has been absorbed.Let rest for 5 min.
- Stir in salt and eggs. Fold in flour in stages, until you have a slightly stiff, but somewhat sticky dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll dough into a large square, approximately half-inch thick. Cut half-inch by half-inch cubes of dough with a knife or bench scraper dipped in flour.
- Insert chocolate pieces into the side of each gnocchi, pinching shut to seal chocolate piece inside dough.
- Boil gnocchi in batches, until they float, about 2 min. Remove from water and place onto a lightly greased sheet pan to cool. Refrigerate until ready to sauté.
- Melt one tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add gnocchi, in batches, and cook stirring frequently, until golden brown, 1-2 min.
- 1 cSugar, granulated
- 1/3 cWater
- ½ tspSalt, kosher
- 1 ½ lbRaspberries
- 2 tspLemon juice
- Heat sugar, salt and water in a small saucepan over medium heat until dissolved completely, about 2 min.
- Stir in raspberries and cook until the berries soften and break down, about 5 min. Cool completely.
- Blend raspberry mixture and strain through a mesh strainer to remove seeds.
- Stir in lemon juice and refrigerate.
- Serve warm gnocchi on a spoon filled with a dime sized amount of raspberry coulis.