Preparation Time• 10min
Cook Time• 2 min
A unique twist on a classic favorite – combining the best of deviled eggs and twice baked potatoes. This light recipe packs all of the flavor of the original, without the cholesterol and fat. Serve as an appetizer or use the filling as a sandwich spread or salad topping.
Yield: 120 egg halves
- 1 pkgPotato Pearls® Natural Mashed Potatoes
- ½ c Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp.Salt, kosher
- 1 ½ cSharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cBacon bits, fresh or packaged
- ½ c Green onion, minced
- 1 tspTumeric
- 60 eachHard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
- Garnish (optional) with Bacon Bits, Smoked Spanish paprika
- Prepare potatoes following package directions, replacing butter with ½ cup mayonnaise
- Stir cheese, bacon bits, green onion and tumeric into potatoes.
- Separate egg yolks from whites and discard or reserve yolks.*
- Spoon or pipe potato mixture into hollows of eggs, filling generously and evenly dividing between all egg halves. Place eggs on serving plate. Sprinkle tops with bacon bits or paprika if desired.
- Serve cold or warm by microwaving in batches on a microwave safe dish, on high power, 10- 20 seconds to warm through.
- *Option: mix egg yolks into potatoes and omit Tumeric.