Zucchini Potato Cakes
Preparation Time• 10 minutes
Cook Time• 20 minutes
Mashed potato and shredded zucchini cakes topped with Cuban flavored black beans, garnished with minced pickles and ham.
Yield: 220, (bite size) servings
- 2 pkg Potato Pearls® Natural Mashed
- 1 qtZucchini, shredded
- 1 cParmesan cheese, grated
- 1-½ qtMilk, low-fat
- 1-½ qtWater
- ½ lbButter
- 1 tspSalt, kosher
- ½ c Canola oil
- 3 cDeli ham, reduced fat, low moisture, very finely diced
- 2 c (6 each)Garlic pickles, very finely diced
- ⅓ cWhole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 cPumpkin or sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1 pkgSantiago® Seasoned Black Beans
- Combine Potato Pearls® Natural Mashed, zucchini, cheese, milk, water, butter and salt in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Shape into 1-inch round patties using a ½ oz. (#60) size ice cream scoop.
- Toss together ham, pickles and mustard. Set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of canola oil in a 10-inch non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry the potato patties in batches until well browned and lightly puffy, about 4 min on each side.
- Top with 1 teaspoon of the Seasoned Black Beans and a ½ teaspoon of ham mixture. Garnish with pumpkin or sunflower seeds and serve immediately.